Robert Priddy’s ‘Bomb Argument’ Explodes In His Face
Robert Priddy (a caustic critic of Sathya Sai Baba) recently published a blogged article in which he castigated the saibabaofindia.com website for deleting a quote allegedly taken from Sathya Sai Baba’s convocation discourse. To bolster his claim, Robert Priddy shrieked that he screen-captured the saibabaofindia webpage before the quote was deleted. Robert Priddy said:
Typical of the cover-up of all Sai believers, and as I predicted on this blog site some days ago – saibabaoindia.com has also removed their web page in which they rashly posted what Sai Baba said only days before the Mumbai terror attacks. (The have reposted the Convocation address without the blunder on another URL. What a disinforming propaganda website!) The original was at link, and the crucial part was captured on screen before it was deleted (see on right).
The offending text, which may well have influenced the blind devotee, former Union Minister of Home Affairs Shivaj Patil, to take it easy on the terror threat- was:-
“India is the only place where people are not worried about any attacks. In America , Germany and other countries, they cant eat well or sleep well. There is fear of bombs always in those countries. But in India, there is no fear of bombs. India will never have any such attacks.” Sathya Sai Baba 22-10-2008
Since Robert Priddy believes it is OKAY to screen-capture webpages to other websites (and does not see it as an issue of infringment), I am providing the following screen-capture to his absurd article that was posted on his Anti-Sai WordPress blog:
Since Robert Priddy is a proven pathological prevaricator, I decided to re-check his alleged “scholarly” claim for myself.
- First and foremost, Robert Priddy lied when he said the quote was deleted from the saibabaofindia website. It was not deleted, is still available (Ref) and I even obtained a recent screen-capture myself:
- Secondly, the convocation discourse was delivered on November 22nd 2008, not October 22nd 2008 as erroneously and falsely claimed by Robert Priddy.
- Thirdly, Robert Priddy misquoted the original post and said “India is the only place where people are not worried about any attacks…” instead of saying “Talking about India Swami said, India is the only place where people are not worried about any attacks…” (which would have revealed that the quote was summarized by a Sai Devotee and was not an official translation).
- Lastly, the quote in question (which was obtained from memory by a Sai Devotee in the crowd) did not come from the official discourse, was not published on an official Sathya Sai website and was not even a full translation to the full discourse (it was simply a personal summation recollected from memory)! Therefore Robert Priddy lied again when he attributed the quote directly to Sathya Sai Baba.
Barry Pittard, Brian Steel and Robert Priddy have written idiotic blogged posts claiming that Sathya Sai Baba said out of his own mouth that India had “no fear of bombs” just a week before the Mumbai Terror Attacks. Needless to say, no “bombs” fell on India during the Mumbai Terror Attacks and the official discourse (published the same day it was delivered) made no mention to bombs whatsoever.
Therefore, critic’s cannot say with any certainty that Sathya Sai Baba made that claim out of his own mouth although they directly attributed the “bomb” quote to Sathya Sai Baba as if they were citing an official translation taken from an official Sathya Sai website. The quote in question did not come from the official translation, nor did it come from an official Sathya Sai website.
Let us take a look at the quote in question (recollected from memory) made by a Sai Devotee on the saibabaofindia Yahoo Group:
Yahoo Group Quote: “…Talking about India Swami said, India is the only place where people are not worried about any attacks. In America , Germany and other countries, they can’t eat well or sleep well. There is fear of bombs always in those countries. But in India , there is no fear of bombs. India will never have any such attacks…” (Ref)
Even if one were to accept this summation as true, the context to the quote is quite clear:
- The weapons in question are “bombs”.
- The “bombs” in question are feared by America, Germany and other countries (indicating nuclear bombs).
- India will not be attacked by these “bombs”, which are feared by other countries.
Needless to say, no “bombs” (which are feared by other countries) were dropped on India during the Mumbai terror attacks, hence the idiocy of critic’s strawman arguments and extreme, absurd and fanatic misrepresentations.
Therefore, the only “disinforming propaganda websites” are the ones belonging to Barry Pittard, Brian Steel and Robert Priddy. Far be it for Robert Priddy to call others “blind devotees” when he was a “blind devotee” for 17-26 years and even hailed Sai Baba as the Avatar of the Age and God Incarnate! The more Robert Priddy attacks Sai Devotees for their “stupidity”, “blindness”, “gullibility”, “naivete”, etc., the stronger he implicates himself as having possessed these qualities for decades.
Filed under: Barry Pittard, Bombs, Mumbai Terror Attacks, Robert Crichton Priddy, Robert Priddy, Sai Baba, Sai Controversy, SaiBabaOfIndia, sathya sai baba, Terrorism Tagged: | Disinformation, hate, lies, Lies And Anti Sais, Pittard, Priddy, Sai Controversy, Sathya Sai Baba Discourse, Smears